Hey Friday, how you doing?
The temperature may have dropped on the outside this week, but inside I am on fire! This is all thanks to a particularly productive weekend as on Saturday I attended The Vintage Academy in London hosted by Kate Beavis of Your Vintage Life and Keeley Harris of Discover Vintage. Not only did I learn shed loads at this workshop, I also got to hang out with Rebecca from Wish Vintage, Dawn from Oh My Kitsch, Hattie from WYT Nightingale and Pamela from Catherine’s Vintage Closet. If you love vintage (who doesn’t!) you will love these ladies.
Thanks to The Vintage Academy I now have the knowledge and the confidence to take Trawlergirl to a whole new level. There will be some important and exciting developments to Trawlergirl in 2014 and I can’t wait to get cracking but for the meantime you’ll have to be patient with me. I promise it will be all worth the wait though.
On Sunday I headed to Bristol to meet up with the lovely Georgina of Ruby Weddings, Shannon of SLR Photography, Sofia from Sofia Bianca and Emily from Fishee Designs to do a bit of what bloggers do. So that’s photography, vintage shopping, chatting all things blogging and enjoying a damn fine Sunday roast. It was a fabulous day and thoroughly worth getting up in the dark to spend some quality time with these babes.
Left to right Sofia, me, Georgina, Shannon & Emily
Can’t wait to meet up again for more Blogcadette fun!
The rest of the week flew by and the Trawlergirl site went a bit crazy after the Merlesque! mermaids featured here on Wednesday. Seems that lots of you love mermaids! So a big welcome to everyone new who popped into Trawlergirl to see what was occurring.
So, here’s the Trawlergirl weekly round up of the treasures that caught my eye this week. Grab a cuppa and dig in.
Christmas Party & Gift Inspiration
- Are you yearning for a vintage christmas? Some fab styling here
- 36 homemade gifts from A Thrifty Mrs
- The attention to detail at this eccentric British wedding is just stunning
- Perfect non alcoholic cocktails for your wedding day
- Would you instagram your wedding and forego a professional?
- Selfie’s may not be for everyone but here’s why they can be therapeutic too
- I haven’t quit my day job, yet! But here are six good reasons why I and others should
- Kirsty Mitchell unveils Gaia, the birth of an end
- If you’ve not twigged who the face of Trawlergirl is, you can find out more about her here
Just for Fun
- This is what happens when dinosaurs take over your home!
- Following on from the Merlesque! Mermaids that we featured this week, you may have a chance of spotting them here!
Whatever you are up to at the weekend, have fun! I’m off to help out at the school Christmas Bazaar (I plan to brush up on my selling skills!) and attending a ‘we’re not really leaving party’ for some fabulous friends. Sure there won’t be a dry eye in the house!
Love, T-Rex’s and following your dreams
- Introducing The Merlesque! Mermaids (trawlergirl.com)